FIFA 2019 Best players award : Lionel Messi created history, won award for sixth time
FIFA 2019 Best players awards were Held in Milan where Lionel Messi was awarded the Best Player 2019 Award. Lionel Messi has become the first player in the world to win this award six times. Cristiano Ronaldo is only one award behind him. On the other hand, the title of 'Woman of the Year' has been won by Megan Rapinoe.
Megan Rapinoe played an important role in winning the World Cup to the US team. At the award ceremony, US team coach Jill Ellis was honored with the 'Best Female Coach' award, while Liverpool goalkeeper Allison received the FIFA Best Goalkeeper of the Year Award.
Records of lionel messi
• Lionel Messi has won the FIFA Best Player of the Year Award for the sixth time. Lionel Messi has previously won this award in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2015.
• Christiano Ronaldo has won this award five times. In the year 2018, Luka Modarich of Croatia won the award, breaking the dominance of Messi and Ronaldo.
Lionel Messi played a total of 58 matches for the country and club in the year 2018-19. He scored 54 goals during this period while Ronald played 47 matches and scored 31 goals during this period.
Full list of awards
Best Male Player 2019: Lionel Messi
• Best female player 2019: Megan Rapinoe
• Best Male Coach 2019: Jurgen Klopp
• Best Female Coach 2019: Jill Ellis
• Puskus Award: Daniel Zasori
• Best Male Goalkeeper 2019: Marc-Andre Ter Stegen
• Best female goalkeeper 2019: van Veenendal
• Best Fan Award 2019: Sylvia Greco
• Best Fair Play Award: Leeds United and Marcelo Bielassa
Best player awards
These awards are given annually by FIFA. The first ceremony of the Best FIFA Football Awards was held in 2016 for outstanding performance of football. Its opening ceremony took place in Zurich, Switzerland. These awards included a FIFA Fan Award which recognizes and honors a Best Fan. Lionel Messi was awarded the Best Player Award at the first awards ceremony.